...transcending polarity

My photo
~ words mean nothing (everything) to me ~

1.17.2010

Mr. Nobody


I've lost him, I think.
I don't know.

No, I do know.

I know all too well that look;
the black hole eyes that see only red, red rage.
The lights are on, but nobody's home
- Mr. Nobody to you, fucker -
only there is somebody home
and that somebody only wants
to hurt to stop the pain.

His eyes are lit with power and fury;
it consumes him and I understand.

I want to go with him.
I want to bring him back.

But I am only his sister that knows,
so I hug him and I hope.

Stupid hope.

~*~

~mvh

1 comment:

  1. Ah!! I followed you here from Danielle's blog. This is wonderful. I have a niece and a good friend who are bipolar. This strikes a real chord.

    ReplyDelete

~ in transit ~

Followers